1. Welcome to the Southern Illinois Hiking Forum,

It appears that you are not logged in or a member of this forum. By not being a member or logged in to the forum, you are missing out on a lot of great features. Please Login Now to get instant access to all features we provide. If you are not yet a member, considering Joining Today to get access to all the features we provide, including:
    • Ability to post new topics, replies and status updates on the forum...
    • Ability to add and download resources, apps, photos, videos and attachments...
    • Ability to submit your own articles, guides and interviews...
    • Ability to create your own profile, upload an avatar and have your own signature...
    • Plus much more...
    Membership is and will always be free. Please support our forum by inviting your friends and family to join, too!
  2. Howdy there Guest,

It appears you haven't made a single post on Southern Illinois Hiking Forum, yet. We'd love to meet you and know more about you! You're a member of this community which means this community is just as much yours as it is anyone else's. Why not Introduce Yourself as your first topic? We'd love to get to know you! =)
    Dismiss Notice

Rockwood IL

Discussion in 'Member Lounge' started by Ophelia Aesthete, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Ophelia Aesthete

Ophelia Aesthete Active Member

I made a trip to St. Louis yesterday and decided on the way up that driving down route 3 would be better. I hate interstates...Unless I am in a hurry. Driving down 3 I noticed a small red building and what looked like an ATV trail going up the bluff. Only seen it for a few seconds so I am not sure if it was someone's private property or a business. It was right before coming into Rockwood. Anyone know anything about it?

2. Almighty Ed

Almighty Ed SIHike.com Moderator Staff Member SIHike.com Moderator

My god I despise that stretch of road! Pretty much all of route 3 for that matter! Stephen Hawking needs to visit that highway because time stands still when you drive it!

Ok enough about my feelings toward Route 3. I have no idea what or where youre talking about but if youre ever back that way with time to kill visit
    Piney Creek Ravine Nature Preserve - Google Search

I have not been but its on my list of have to's.

Supposedly saturated with copperheaded murder noodles though.

3. Ophelia Aesthete

Ophelia Aesthete Active Member

It's a shame you feel that way Ed. Route 3 has some beautiful scenery ... River on one side bluff's and valleys on the the other. As far as Stephen Hawking I understand he is supposed to be the smartest man. I don't necessarily agree with some of his beliefs or views. But that's what makes up this world isn't it. Not everyone has to believe or like the same things...How boring would that be. Thanks for your suggestion I will check it out. But one thing is for sure when I do go where ever it maybe outside ...I am not killing time I am taking in every minute of it. Have a great weekend

4. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman SIHike.com Founder Staff Member SIHike.com Owner SIHike.com Moderator

You need to become a herper Ed :p